Thursday, November 20, 2008

Windows Data Backup on Linux Server (SyncBack Details)

Hello Friends,

As I have posted my earlier post regarding Windows Data Backup on Linux Server, after reading the comments, I came to know the curiosity my friends to know more about this. As a blogger it becomes my responsibility to give more n more details to my friends.


I am feeling pleasure to give the details. Its completely one time installation and become tension free of your data backup.


Benefits :
1. Modes – Easy/Expert
2. Backup
3. Synchronization
4. Restoration
5. Finding your files (On Source & Destination)
6. Backup Scheduling

Friends, SyncBack works in two modes that are Easy & Expert modes. In Easy mode, we can take and restore backup from one device to another while in Expert mode, we can take and restore backup on remote machines/devices.

SyncBack can be used for Backup of data from Source to Destination and also supports synchronization i.e. compares the files on both source and destination.


Restoration can be done from Destination to Source but Running a restore operation is not reversible. So always be sure of data before restoration.



Data Selection on source and place for data store on destination is very simple. Data can be stored on FTP Server and Samba Server in Expert mode only.


SyncBackSE will run on the following Windows operating systems:
SyncBackSE requires Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows 2003


For more details, I think this site is good : http://www.2brightsparks.com/tutorials/tutorials-hub.html. (It will give you lot of help)

No comments: